The Glen

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:08:42 -0500

Carson wrote:

> The interesting thing (other WGI drivers can chime in here...)
 I've found is that whatever my speed at the top of the esses,
 going onto the back straight, is, I won't pick up but more than
 a few MPH before braking for the bus stop. Once you top out of
> the esses, the track is still climbing. You really don't

Not so for Turbo cars.  Turbos love hills or any type of
load for that matter.

> notice this until you've done a track walk. So, a speed of
 125mph at the top of the esses is pretty reasonable actually
 - my (relatively) stock SR20DE is hitting about 120mph at the
> top of the esses since I'm in the low- to mid-120s

The highest I hit was about 138 and that was at the middle
of the back straight!  I could have gone faster but was
unsure of my brakes still so I would let off.  I was also
hitting 130mph on the front straight.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 340K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R