Tranny bolt question (engine stand)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:28:20 -0500

Luis Molina wrote:

>Hey guys.. well putting a little motor together.. and I was wondering
>for those of you who have used engine stands in the past (Geo?). What
>type (size length pitch color etc.) bolt do I need. The stock ones are
>obviously too short. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Luis, I cannot remember what bolts I used.  I took some to the local parts
store and sifted through their bolt bins to come up with what I needed
(God, that was almost 4 years ago now - damn).  I know the info is in the
archives somewhere.  I just cannot remember the answer.  I also did some
quick searching and this is one of those rare times I cannot come up with
it, but I know it's there.  Strange.....  This is one of those relatively
common questions that seems to always stump folks.

Sorry about the slow reply.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>