Spec V Horror!!

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:47:56 -0500

With regards to your message:
>From: O2SeR@aol.com
>Subject: Spec V Horror!!
>To: se-r@lists.deskmedia.com
>Date: Fri,  2 Aug 2002 17:46:38 -0500

>HEY EVERYONE,
>I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH STILLEN AFTER A LONG HARD DAY OF ARGUING
>WITH NISSAN..
<<snip>>
>  I GET A CALL FROM THE HEAD OF NISSAN
>PARTS TELLING ME THAT THE SPEC V FRONT BUMPER IS ON NATIONAL BACKORDER AND
>I COULD BE WAITING UNTIL THE BEGINING OR MIDDLE SEPTEMBER TO RECIEVE ONE.
>Erik M. Scherbner

I suggest you call a lawyer.
There are US laws that dictate to car manufacturers/dealers that they keep
a certain level of parts stocking in the system.
If they can't service a brand new car I think you may have a strong case
fro a replacement vehicle.

Last fall a friend of mine in California with a Volkswagen Passat had the
same issue with front suspension parts needed due to an accident, and after
a letter or two from the lawyer Volkswagen US funded my friend for a rental
car at their expense. While it was not another Passat, it was a Honda
Odyssey, which are not exactly bottom of the barrel..

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD