Interior "Pain"ting

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 06:54:04 -0500

The Walrus wrote:

>I tried to paint my interior once. Yellow.
    <snip>
>Now I want to 'tastfully' accent my NX with some blue touches on the
>interior and the instrument cluster.

OK......

At the risk of wasting my breath and offending folks who have painted their
interiors, I'm going to take one shot at this......  An intervention.....

DON'T DO IT.

1) I don't think it's possible to tastefully paint your interior.  But it's
your car.

2) Interior painting is a fad.  Once it passes, painted interiors will look
stupid even to most of those who think it looks cool now.  Put the money
towards something else - MOMO or Sparco steering wheel, shift knob, even
pedals.

3) If you ever want to sell your car it will lower the value of it.

Finally, if you are still compelled to butcher your car like this, look at
ads in the back of SCC.  I've seen interior paint advertised a number of
times/places in there.

Sorry if I've offended anyone.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>