help, car is screwed!

Parker Williams playatx99@yahoo.com
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 18:56:56 -0500

I was sitting at the airport parked today, motor
running, and all of a sudden the idle divebombs to
about 300-500 and the car starts running really
shitty, then dies. It starts and runs REALLY shitty,
shaking the whole car and wanting to stall. Runs jsut
like when the MAF came loose when I had a CAI and the
car was ingesting unmetered air. When i got home i was
trying to diagnose it, and when i unplug the MAF, the
car runs 1000 times better, with the exception of some
jerking and the 2500rpm rev limiter. I limped over to
my friends house and swapped the working MAF from his
classic onto mine, and it still does the same thing,
so all I can think of is maybe the wiring to the MAF.
Anyone have any ideas? This is my only car, It NEEDS
to run.

Thanks
Parker