3M window weld and Cure Time

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:01:41 -0500

Ben wrote:
>I do recommend the 94 shore over the ES, JWT, and PR mounts.

Windo weld holds the best of the homemade stuff. It is made to "stick", the
poured urethane is not. I determined this after several years of SR20 mounts,
and more recently, several years of 400 daily driven HP coupled with 5000 RPM
clutch drops and AWD. (Including 75 drag strip passes with sub 2.0 60'
times.)

Regardless, they will all fall apart eventually.

Jason wrote:
>Have you ever had the stuff start to "come" out
>of the mount after about 1 year?

This happens to all of them eventually (see above).

-Jay