Starting & Hot Weather

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:46:23 -0500

Once upon a time (Thu Jun 13), Bill the arcstarter wrote:

> Interesting. Were the brushes available locally - or did you have
> to get them from one of our Nissan dealers?

> Can you share any part numbers for either style of starter?

23378-42L70 for the brush assembly. Includes all brushes, the
carrier board, and wire pigtail. About $20. Likewise, I paid $20 to an
auto-electric shop to replace the brushes in the original carrier. And
I'll repeat again: thoroughly clean the face of the starter and the
engine block where it mounts. It grounds there, so surface corrosion
can cause problems.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@anabasis.net