1991 NX2000 brakes

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:56:50 -0500

The Walrus wrote:

>I thought I would just clear things up a little bit for you guys, I have a
>1991 NX2000 that is bone stock, and it has no ABS, and the brakes are
>AD22VFs in the front - no questions about it!

That's nice.

>however, if you need any more information from a 'real' nx2000 let me know

I see.  Everyone else has a 'fake' nx2000.

>I've got the brakes on there and damn they stop good ;-)

I've got them too...  On my SE-R.  And yes, they do stop well.

Not all NX2000 come with AD22VF brakes.  It's a common myth that they do.  The
cars without them are somewhat rare, but they do exist and there are folks on
this list w/o them.

In addition there are some errors in the catalog used by all of the brake
companies.  So, the only way to ensure you get the AD22VF calipers, pads, etc,
is to specify an ABS equipped car.

So, I hope this clears things up for *you*. :-)

George Roffe