Volk vs SSR

Steven Papatrefon thepep@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:32:26 -0500

> Yeah the SSR are 250 bux each at my source for wheels, I checked the
weights
> and they are 8.6lbs in 7.0 width where the Volks are .6lbs more. I dunno
> about RH CP035s and their weight but they look too much like Rotas and I
> aint got nothing against Rota but they are heavier.

Mike,

Looks are certainly subjective but the CP-035s are one of the lightest if
not THE lightest wheel out there.  I have a set on my NX for warm weather
only.
16" x 7" in a 35mm offset.  They weigh only 9 lbs.  I went up two wheel
sizes and a one tire size bigger and I am still saving a couple of pounds at
each corner.  The only drawback was price.  You pay for these bad boys.  I
got them in a group deal for a little under $400/wheel.  I could have gotten
almost any offset that I wanted but from all the quotes I read in the
archives, 35mm looked like the way to go.  I have them in white and you have
to spend at least once a week cleaning them from dirt and brake dust.

Steve Papatrefon
'92 NX