Starting & Hot Weather

Ben Missele ben_missele@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:02:09 -0500

"Sam Bass" <res0z6bi@verizon.net> wrote:

>My car didn't hardly want to start this afternoon after
>stopping at the grocery store. I was close to home on the way
>from work which is a 20 mile drive. Once I got home, I let it
>sit for 4 hours went to start  it, and it started just fine.
I'm >confused!

 I had a similar issue with my starter and it turned out my
starter was going bad. It would start up fine after sitting, but
after driving around for a while, it wouldn't start. By that, I
mean it wouldn't even turn over! I also noticed that it would
start slower and slower if I did repeated starts in a row. I
rebuilt and replaced the starter and it works great now. Save
yourself some cash by taking your starter apart, cleaning it up
and replacing the brushes.

Ben
'93 NX

=====