Need help with starter

Brax Sisco xenex@chpl.net
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:53:18 -0500

My starter has gone out.  I first thought it was the batt., but tried a
known good one, same thing.  It had been starting weaker and weaker, now
it just "clicks."  I figure I can replace it myself, I've recently done
a short shifter and HS header myself.  Problem is, I can't FIND it.  I
don't have a FSM, and the Haynes book is not much help.

With the hood up, looking down into the engine, I can't see it.  I have
ramps, but haven't got the car up on them yet, because, heh, it won't
start.  I'll get some help and get it push-started to get it up on the
ramps if need be.

But anyway, my question (which I couldn't find in the archives or
se-r.net or anywhere) is WHERE is the darn thing, and what do I need to
remove to get to it?  Is it R&R'd from above or below?  I saw some
indication that I might have to remove the whole intake manifold,
etc...  This is on a '97 200sx SE-R, btw.

If anyone could point me to the procedure, if it is maybe posted
somewhere, or give me any hints, I'd be most appreciative!

Brax Sisco
'97 200sx SE-R

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Chapel Declude Virus Scan]