PITA

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:31:21 -0500

I just did my mounts on friday.  I only got the dog bone in.  That back one I
couldnt get in either, I think its gonna take a team effort from some of the
locals.  To get the crossmember back together I put the front two bolts in
first, but didnt connect the dog bone to the motor.  If you push up on the
crossmember,motor,mount,bolt,and some other stuff then its easy.  All I
remember about that is my foot on something so that I could use my need to lift
the motor while I used my right arm to put in the bolt and push .... uhh
something in place.  It was not easy.  All that and I didnt even get the damn
mount in.  I was too tired by that point.  I didnt buy the other two yet.

> >On a side note: From further research, I've found that if I want to put my
> >ES shifter bushings in, now is the time... crossmember is off and it is
> >easier to get to the 12mm bolts. Where do these bushings install?

It goes right above the firewall mount.  You might say next to it.  Its a bitch
and a half to get that thing out of there.... good luck.  I ended up rounding
off one of the nuts (I did it a few months ago before I had the right tools)
so now im not sure what to do.

I used ramps, not jack stands. That got it up to the right height.  I used the
siscor jack and a piece of wood on the oil pan to prevent it from falling on
me.

Overall I was suprised that just the dog bone made a difference... let alone
that big of a difference.

I hope any of this helps.

-sean