PITA

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 22:29:30 -0500

George, you must have been reading my mind. I was trying to think of
something slimmer than the bolt in order to line it up properly. Phillips
head screw driver...krist, can you tell that I was tired? Can't believe I
didn't think of that... so simple.

On a side note: From further research, I've found that if I want to put my
ES shifter bushings in, now is the time... crossmember is off and it is
easier to get to the 12mm bolts. Where do these bushings install? The FSM
and Haynes shows pictures of the tranny and shifter linkage, and there are
about 3 different sets of bushings.

Normally, I'd do my full anal research(now... that sounds disgusting even to
me), but my mind is just bent at the moment. If I drop the linkage down,
unscrew the side bolt, will the bushings be right there? The ES bushings(2)
also have shaped ends, which direction to they go... pointed towards the
inside of the linkage or back towards the opening?

I feeling really wasted, but I can't wait until tomorrow. Did more research
and found that I should actually reinstall the fire wall mount first...
maybe that will help. And how the hell does anyone move around down there
with 2 effin jacks in the way?

Huhhhhhhh.... sigh, deep breaths.

Thanks again, George.... and more power to your swimmers!

Mark