timing belt

Brandon Fujishige serturbo@hotmail.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 14:53:29 -0500

Tom Radke wrote:
>The car has 166K on it and the chain has not been changed.  Question:  >is
>it better to change the chain before it breaks or is it better to >just
>wait for it to break?

It is better to change the timing chain before it breaks.  However, there
are a lot of list members that have high mileage SR20's with the original
chain still on.  The decision is entirely up to you.  I would change it, but
that's just me.  I live in Hawaii, so there isn't a source for cheap SR20's
nearby.  There are many on the mainland, so most people there might opt to
run it til it breaks just to have an excuse to go turbo.

Brandon