Prokits over AGX on B13

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 16:36:03 -0500

Got the rears on Saturday, the cars almost too low, I cut down the rear
boot-integral bumpstops, cut off the big and one little flange, leaving
just one small flange and the koni softs from motivational.  The rears
seem to have an acceptable amount of travel - 3 to 4", but I didn't cut
the fronts down at all, just replaced the stock soft-stops with koni
softs - and sure enough, the front's bottoming out way to early, maybe 1
to 2" travel, tops.  I guess I'll have to take the fronts back off and
cut them down after all, I might just try to do it with the strut still
on the car, but I have a feeling that's gonna be harder than just taking
them back off :(.

Noticed it feels/looks to the eye like a little more negative camber in
the front, not in the rear though.  Time to reread the Kojima suspension
encyclopedia AGAIN and try to figure out what settings I want to walk
into the alignment shop with after I cut down my front sponges.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, the car does seem to oversteer a
tad now, I left a pair of small black streaks oversteering into my
parking space saturday after I put them on, man, it almost feels neutral
now, except I want the brace in back.  Does that make sense to anyone?
An almost neutral SE-R with nothing non-stock but prokits, agx, and a
front stb, or am I just feeling things... :P  I won't bother trying to
test anything to final crash mode anywhere near here..

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.