Turbo Vacuum Line Questions

Thomas Reynolds fthomasr@bellsouth.net
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:52:11 -0600

I have tee'd off my FPR nipple for too many things already.

1. Boost Gauge
2. Wastegate
3. FPR (Duh)
4. BOV

Well tomorrow I am adding 2 more things via my Greddy Profec B I am
installing.

1. Reference for the controller
2. Control Box

So Ray Kawski mentioned this idea on the list last week about using the
Power Brake Booster line. My father tells me today that he has heard in the
past that is the one line you do NOT ever want to tap from for safety
concerns.

My first question, is this true about the brake booster tapping taboo?

There is another vacuum line going down to the charcoal canister. Can I tap
that one? Or is there a danger that fuel vapors will damage one of these
devices I am tapping it for? (I hope not) Am I missing another possible hose
to tap from? (because I couldn't find any others.) I do not want to drill
and tap my plenum.

Please respond tonight or as soon as possible as I am going to install it
tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo