Hot Shot Turbo kits

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:23:28 -0600

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com wrote:

>Hotshot and "customer service" don't belong in the same sentence.

I have to come to Hotshot's defence.  Before I do, I have to admit that they
helped me with my article, but that is *not* why I'm disagreeing.

I have to say, and am sure John will admit, it's harder than hell to get
someone on the phone there.  But, I've read time and again how someone has had
a problem with their header and John has replaced it with no hassles.  I'm not
talking about just under warranty either - that is to be expected.  Whenever
there has been a problem of his making or his supplier's making, I've never
read an account of John not taking care of it.

Also, when I bought my (then very new to the market) Gen 3 header for The
Beast, something came up and I wrote to the list in passing that I didn't get
the copper gasket with mine.  I didn't even call HS to complain or try to get
one.  I just mentioned it in passing.  Less that a week later I had a gasket
and fasteners on my doorstep - with *ZERO* effort on my part.  I've read many
other things that John has taken care of for folks.

So, while some folks have had problems, I think far and away HS has been great
about customer service as long as you don't call expecting to get someone on
the phone.  I've felt this since I first joined the list (about a month before
they shipped their Gen 1 headers).  This is not a blind support of a vendor.
IMHO John has earned my (and our) support.

George Roffe

PS: I'm not trying to argue, but I felt compelled to present a differing
view.