Hot Shot Turbo kits

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:46:55 -0600

>I am surprised more people aren't biting at the Hot Shot kit.

There has been no extensive dyno testing of it that I know of. We are spoiled,
we want dyno numbers. The only thing I remember about it is Pauley running an
unimpressive (to me) 14.X @ 99 or something many moons ago. There are a couple
of NA cars that have run 96 MPH or so, out of a turbo I want to see 105 MPH+.
A DET conversion can hit 99 MPH for less.

>Additionally, the customer service has to be better at
>Hot Shot than at FU~max.

I doubt that. Hotshot and "customer service" don't belong in the same
sentence.

>I think the kit includes everything and comes with a t3 turbo.

And that is your problem. Who the heck uses a T3 turbo any more? It's not very
common at all. When you can get a GT25 series to run 11's, and a T04E series
to run 9's, where does the T3 fit in, you know? It's kind of the  unwanted
stepchild of turbos these days.

-Jay