Infiniti and Mr. Ghosn, I wish for a...

Darren Calbero DarrenC@ampartners.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:09:23 -0600

Jon wrote:
> Actually, I really don't see the SR family living much longer in
> production circles.  Once the kinks are hammered out of the QR25DE,

Interesting point of view.  But I don't think the SR20s are on the
way out anytime soon.  If they were, I wonder what engine they will
put in future Silvias?  A QR25DET?
http://www.nissan.co.jp/SILVIA/S15/0201/MECHANISM/index.html
What about the recently released JDM X-Trail?  It is
currently offered with either a QR25DE and the SR20VET.
http://www.nissan.co.jp/X-TRAIL/T30/0110/MECHA/index.html
Guess which one I most people would want.
Will they eventually replace the SR20VET with a QR25DET?
Primera wagons now have the QR25DE in them
http://www.nissan.co.jp/PRIMERA/P12/0106/DATA/index4.html
but the Avenir still offers the SR20DE
http://www.nissan.co.jp/AVENIR/W11/0112/MECHANISM/index.html
The Tino also still has the SR20DE
http://www.nissan.co.jp/TINO/V10/0105/MECHANISM/index.html
Sunnys still don't have the SR or QR
http://www.nissan.co.jp/SUNNY/B15/0112/MECHANISM/index.html

Darren Calbero
'91 Sunburned Aztec Red SE-R
SE-R Club of America - Hawaii Region Representative
http://www.SE-R.org/Hawaii