Tranny Problem Confirmation

LDMartin LDMartin" <LDMartin@email.msn.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:06:16 -0600

Ron wrote:
> In checking the archives (George, you'd be proud!), I found one post
> where a rivet came out of the clutch disc or pressure plate. When it
> floated around, it caused the problem or allowed normal use.

It might have been a post by me.  I had a rivet from the PP come adrift at
at 95K miles.  I replaced the clutch cable and clutch before I finally
found the darn thing.  It would intermittently lodge in the PP springs
and make it impossible to engage the gears.  After some period of time it
would release.  I got so frustrated with it when it would do this that I
pushed on the gearshift handle so hard that it sheared off a nearly circular
bit of the syncho which was laying there when it finally came apart.  I
decided not to worry about about the PP, the metal shaving or the rivet
and it's held up just fine for almost 50K miles now.  Knock on wood.

Larry Martin
'92 SE-R