Infiniti and Mr. Ghosn, I wish for a...

Von Kenric Kaneshiro von_kaneshiro@yahoo.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:31:03 -0600

I proposed the idea of a G20-sized vehicle (notice I'm not saying G20
because the majority don't like the poor power:weight ratio) because I
thought there was a market void to help Infiniti round out its product line.
My unscientific poll (from the feedback people have e-mailed me) is that
they would like to see it.  Only one person (in 11) thinks its a bad idea.

Jon, you and a couple of other folks mentioned the QR25DE, which I am *very
much* aware of in the new '02 SE-R and I assure you I've not been in a coma.
:-)  I wasn't sure if the QR motor would fit in the current P11 or not be
practical in terms of F/R weight distribution.  Hence, my initial solution
for something slightly smaller that might fit.  Indeed, the feedback I got
is that the general buying public may fear turbos due to reliability issues.
That's why I proposed the low-pressure turbo route.  This solves the low-end
torque issue, without too much of the excessive wear caused by higher
compression.  Also, my SR motor is more fun relative to the QR because it
revs more freely, but of course the Classic is much lighter.  I "DO" admire
the low-end torque in the QR motor.

I had to propose it, though.

Von