Sterling Moss quote (was WTB: Quaife diff & Power Slot rotors)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:34:55 -0600

Khiem, spdracer@mail.utexas.edu wrote:

>And for anyone who's been on a racetrack and entered that one corner too
>fast... the quote suddenly takes on a lot of significance.  I know it did
>for me when I got sideways around 90 mph...

Actually, it means more than just getting in stupid hot.  There is a huge
temptation to drive every corner much too deeply.  You can still make the
corner, but it's slower.  *Then* if you over do it a *bit* you're in deep
horse pucky.

It's been said (and is true) that most people want to enter slow corners
too fast and fast corners too slow.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>