Sterling Moss quote (was WTB: Quaife diff & Power Slot rotors)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:26:05 -0600

Ben Davis wrote:

>So I do understand it. This is "well, duh" type knowledge to me, and most
>people out there I would think.

Not really.  You're lucky you have good resources and pay attention
Ben.  There are a *lot* of people who don't understand it.  It's also very
very tempting even for those who know better to drive as deep as they can
into a corner.

>That's why I question why this is such a big deal. It's not like it's some
>big secret. Anyone who has played a racing video game knows this, unless
>you are into that "bouncing off the walls to cheat" sort of thing. :)

Also don't forget this is a quote from the 50s or 60s.  Today we have lots
written about driving and racing, as well as racing schools and DEs.  Even
so, a lot of people don't get it.  I know at last year's convention DE,
some of the folks I instructed had a hard time getting on the brakes as
early as I told them to.

You're ahead by "getting it" Ben. :-)

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>