P10 AC question

Jon Davis jfdavis@epix.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:34:22 -0600

Jay Stewart wrote:

> Sometimes common sense overrides what you read. Any working AC will spit
out
> air with typically a 40 degree drop. My car was spitting out air at 50F,
which
> is above the standards for a well working AC. 50F air at full blast would
not
> cool the interior of the car below 78F no matter how long we drove. 68?
You
> would never get cool.

Hmm... don't know where the hell I got 68 degrees. The a/c clutch really is
controlled with a thermistor in front of the evaporator (just not at 68
apparently). I just ran mine to see what it is supposed to do. The
compressor turns on above 40F and off at 32-34F. When the temp gets up to 90
or so outside, my compressor runs almost continuously. With the sun on the
car, it never does get comfortable.

Jon Davis