BB T25 Rebuild kit

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:15:44 -0600

> I just want to see your proof of mileage that they
> lasted 200k.

Where did I say 200k?

It's not the best method, granted, but let's be honest. A T25 in good working
condition is worth about $100 to $150, much less for a used up one. Are you
really going to spend $350 having one rebuilt? That would be silly. In
addition, whoever owns a T25 isn't exactly looking to be the horsepower king.

As I said earlier, I don't even know if you can rebuild a T25 like in the link
I sent. Mitsubishi turbos you can, and people do rebuild them themselves, and
they don't blow up (if done properly). The turbo I had made 438HP to the
wheels, ran 11's, drove a 1400 mile round trip, and did about 15,000 miles of
hard driving, all without being balanced again. There are about a dozen or so
that I have done running around, they are all (except for my old one) smaller,
older turbos that were worthless because they smoked so much. Spending $150 on
a rebuild kit for a turbo you got for free, then driving it another year or
two is a decent investment IMO.

-Jay