300/200 springs, shocks, advice

Scott_Higashi@el.nec.com Scott_Higashi@el.nec.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:22:58 -0600

>From: Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>

>I'd like to set up my spring rate just like a Mike's po-boy
>setup, but I don't think I want to lower the car at all, just get rid of
>any vestige of body roll or 3 wheeling.

>Can I get stiffer springs
>that maintain the same ride height?  As well, should I not even consider
>this without a new pair of shocks?

Definitely at least get AGXs.  I don't like the Koni "Red" inserts for
anything other than street driving though.  Not enough damping IMHO for
competition.

3 wheeling on the other hand isn't in itself a bad thing.  I still get
three
wheeling with my suspension in really tight autocross stuff (Koni shortened
race suspension, ST bar front, Increased Rate ST Bar rear, 380#/300# ERS
springs).

Also, I really like 300/250 as a starting point for spring rates.  300/200
for a Classic in my experience is still too front biased.

-Scott