F-Max Stage IV dyno

Aaron LaBeau amlabeau@csusm.edu
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:37:20 -0600

So Cal Dyno Day at R & D Dyno provided some interesting results.  I'll have
the dyno chart and torque figures tomorrow.

(1st run) at 12.5-14psi 283hp (stock wastegate)
(2nd run) at 17 psi 335hp
(3rd run) at 18 psi 366hp

I think the boost might have been slightly over 18psi on the 3rd run as 1psi
was worth 31hp.  The EGT's were climbing over 1600 and the car started
running lean so we decided that was enough for the day.  All these runs were
done with water injection on the .7mm jet with a 50-50 mix of water and
denatured alcohol.

The week prior I was able to get some tuning done on the car at JWT (at
16-17psi) and the car felt about 30-40 hp faster without the water.
Although with the EGT's that the car had at 18 psi, the water injection was
probably the factor that kept the motor from blowing up.

The best part of the day was when an owner of a SS Camaro with NOS showed
up. I think his Kiss my SS shirt said everything about him.  He took a look
at my engine and said, "that's cute!"  Others said he was talking all kinds
of trash.  His car was able to get some low 300hp pulls off the bottle and a
pull of 365 on the juice.  Darin and Daryl of R & D convinced him to stick
around and learn a lesson.  Even though I only got him my 1hp he was man
enough to admit defeat.  It was great!

After some tuning I think 400 hp + should be pretty easy to reach.

Aaron