A/C Overheating engine...help

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:56:46 -0600

Brian Jones wrote:

>...so i turned the A/C off and noticed that
>the temp stabilized and went down. Drove the car fine home
>with no A/C on and stop and go traffic...no overheat problems.
>So that leads me to believe something is wrong with it.

Check to make sure your radiator fans come on.  I had the same problem for
over a year and couldn't figure it out.  Then, one day I decided that my
little monkey brain had to do *something*.  So, I pulled the fan relays,
look that them and said, "Yep, that there's a relay" and put it back.  They
worked after that.  Go figure.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>