Intercooler cleaning

Erik Halvorson hammer_down@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:46:36 -0600

Don't know about degreaser but most "industrial supply" places carry a nifty
buffing/cleaning abrasive wheel (similar to a 3M pad) that will fit most
bench grinders.  They come in various "grits" (not the right term for the
abrasive pads) and I have used them to clean Aluminum before welding it.  In
fact I used it on the stock BB IC when I reconfigured the inlet/outlet
angles for relocation.  It did a nice job of pre-polishing.  I never
followed through with the rest of the polishing proceedure so it has
"dulled" back up.  I wasn't into the chrome look anyway.....  :-p