VE, DET, or kit.

Erik Halvorson hammer_down@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:15:00 -0600

<BIG SNIP>
   Now this is reliable power, all N/A, FLAT torque curve, etc...

As flat a torque curve as a DET?

<SNIP>
   SR16VE, 2000 used SR20 Crank, SR20VE pistons and rings, SR20DE used
   rods I beleive. And you can turn the 16VE into a 20VE, you'll have
   the 16VE cams and all that for cheaper than buying a 20VE and buying
   cams for a 16VE.  I might ahve missed some parts... <SNIP

Are the Valves the same size for the 1.6 and the 2.0?  Seems unlikely but I
am interested in the correct answer.  What is the cost estimate to do this?
If I subtract all of the suspension mods and brake upgrades I did when I
performed my swap, I think I spent somewhere between $4000 and $5000 on my
DET swap.  I haven't done the exhaust or the FMIC yet but in short bursts
the car is fairly fast.  Very easy to drive everyday in traffic.  You never
know the power is there until you mash the throttle.  Car will match a 2002
vette to 130mph and has been clocked 154mph (took a while to get there and
the h2o temp was starting to rise).  Pump gas, stock boost.