VE, DET, or kit.

John Campbell jcampbel@dfsfin.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:06:08 -0600

I am looking for opinions from those that have either turbo'd their DE,
dropped in a VE or DET.
This was a thread 2-3 years ago and I'm guessing that: 1. there is a larger
base for opinions now and, 2. the LM's that have done one of the above have
had more 'wheel time' to balance out their opinion.
I am shooting for  200 - 250 whp that is *some-what* factory reliable and
driveable, so that rules out the lumpy JWT cams set up.
So, the HS and F-Max kits certainly have their merits but for the hp goal
I'm aiming for seem like a little overkill, with a DET swap I am leery of
the down-time and $ creep, with a VE swap I am concerned with parts
availability.
I have tried to read everything in the archives related to this, but what
I'm asking for is post-swap opinions rather than conjecture.
SO, shoot me opinions and thoughts and I'll soak it in like a sponge.

John Campbell
'99 SE w/ HS stuff