2 part question

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:53:34 -0600

--- Lee Combs <sr20depower@yahoo.com> wrote:

> part 1. on page 65 of the MAY SCC, it has a snapshot
> of individual throttle bodies for the sr20.

I don't have the magazine in front of me, but are those not Pulsar
GTI-R throttle bodies?  They only fit high-port heads, me thinks, if
they fit anything that *isn't* a Pulsar head.

> part 2. Intake Manifold design
> what is a general rule of thumb for intake manifolds?

>From what I've seen, short runners with big cross-sections and big
plenums make lots of high-end horsepower.  Long runners with small
cross-sections and small plenums make lots of low-end torque.  The
closest thing to a compromise is the variable intake tract concept,
like the QR25DE uses, with long runners always open and short runners
that open by throttle bodies controlled by the ECU.

=====
--
-=|JP|=-          Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |