new st sway bar, need info

Lewis Shadoff lshadoff@brazosport.cc.tx.us
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:55:24 -0600

At 07:01 PM 3/25/02, you wrote:
>Only problem is It didnt come with any sort of instructions.  It looks
>straight forward, drill 4 holes and bolt the thing in.

You want to locate the holes for the ends of the bar with the weight of the
car on the wheels (not up on jack stands, but on ramps).  This creates a
problem because the torsion beam is not accessible to a drill from the
outside of the car when the weight is on the suspension.  I drilled mine
from the inside, locating the hole by mounting the rear of the bar and
rotating it so I could see the end hole in the bar to mark the hole in the
torsion beam.

Lew

Lewis Shadoff
Lake Jackson, TX
'97 200SX SE-R, Level 10 Auto, HotShot turbo
http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/