Dumb questions, by me...

LDMartin LDMartin" <LDMartin@email.msn.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 07:31:56 -0600

>Or are there actually Sentras that have SE-R badges?  If
> there are, I don't believe they exist in Kentucky, as I have never seen
> one, and I have been looking!

As a native Kentuckian (land of fast women and pretty horses) I can attest
that many things don't exist in Kentucky.  ;-)  For example, until I was 16
I did not think that shoes existed. :-0

B13 bodied Sentras, the boxy car produced in model years 1991 through 1994,
were marked with "SENTRA" on the left trunk lid and "SE-R" on the right
trunk lid.  They were not XE, SE, Special Edition or LE or any other E.  The
SE-R was a specific model.  The SE-R's all had the 2.0 liter SR-20DE engine
that was the hallmark of the car up until the 2002 version while the other
versions had the 1.6 liter engine.  Someone once reported that they only
amounted to about 5% of production so they are sparse in parts of the
country and it's indeed possible I suppose that you have not seen one.  Some
identifying features of SE-R's included fog lights under the bumper,
185/60-14 tires and silver colored alloy wheels although SE models had these
also.  The SE's were similarly equipped overall and of similar appearance
but did not have the 2.0 liter engine.  Look at SE-R.net for confirmation
that these so-called "Classic" cars existed and what they looked like.  You
may find some for sale there as well.

Larry Martin