Tuneup time, inexpensive tester, 18mm-12mm adapter, good bolts

Matthew T. Blackmon segoy@firesermon.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:26:13 -0600

Well it's just abou 60K on the odometer, and I'm putting together a list of
things I need for the tuneup.  I had a couple questions that I couldn't find
in the archives, so I thought I'd hazard a few questions:

1) For testing the O2 and MAF grounding, is there a relativly inexpensive
meter that anyone particularly likes?  I don't think I'll be making weekly
use of it, but I want to ensure I get something I can rely on when I do use
it.

2) I'm installing a '97 JWT ECU in my '98, and based on the following email
from the archives:

http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/2000/2000-08/msg00450.html

the earlier 200SXen had rear heated O2 sensors that fit into a 12mm hole
rather than the 18mm hole on the '98 -.  Does anyone know a place that would
carry an 18mm to 12mm adapter like that, or does something need to be
fabricated for it?

and 3) I see mention occasionally of graded hardware (for example on the
parts listing for FastBrakes kits).  Where do you pickup these kinds of
pieces?  I need to replace the bolts on my header.

Thanks in advance!

'98 200SX SE-R
UR 2 pulley, PR CAI, HS Gen4, GC / AGX, and soon to be ECU'd