New street/track B13 Springs!

Chris Scarpulla sr20de@optonline.net
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:33:54 -0600

Sorry for the crosspost, but I don't want anyone to miss out on this.

Good new everyone! We got the green light on the springs I've been working
on, here are the details.

These springs are being produced by a major racing spring manufacturer as a
one time special run, not to be repeated. This is a B13 spring only,
engineered for the SE-R. I do not know how well it will work on an NX2000.
The rate is 300lb front / 200lb rear, with a 1" drop, and a dual rate
design, not linear or progressive. The dual rate springs have the top
portion softer than the main body of the spring, this softer part is
compressed by the static weight of the car, and gets you into the higher
rate portion quicker than a progressive spring would.

The rate and drop of the springs is equal to what many people have been
happily running on Ground Controls with AGX's, and is based on
recommendations from Mike Kojima. Here's what he said when I asked him for
his opinion on the design,

"If they can do it, it would be a great product! I was in disbelief when the
previous contact refused to make what the customers wanted and thus doomed
the product from making any sales!

I hope they can do it and we can give them enough business to make it worth
their while. The other Valley Spring experimental 300/200 springs were of
amazingly poor quality from the pictures I saw.

I would back this product. They are a good company.

Mike"

If you don't need the adjustability of Ground Controls, and are concerned
about iffy installation procedures and reports of squeaks and rattles, these
springs are for you.  Don't be put off by the high spring rate. Because of
the limited front suspension travel of B13's, you need a strong spring in
the front to keep you off the bumpstops, and a 1" drop will be the perfect
amount. Any of you riding around on ProKits know what I'm talking about. I
just put AGX's on my car, and used a set of ProKits that I had from my
previous SE-R, and the springs are way too soft, especially in the front,
and I'm running the Koni bumpstops.

You may have noticed that I haven't mentioned the manufacturer of the
springs. Although some of you know who it is, I have been asked not to use
their name. The manufacturer produces springs for many professional race
teams including Champions in NASCAR, IRL, IndyCar, F-1, SCCA, IMCA, IMSA,
ASA, STARS, UMP, WOO and many other series, and for the past 37 years the
winning cars at the Indy 500 used their springs. In recent years nearly
every car in the starting lineup up of the Indy 500 has used this companies
springs. They have not, however decided to get in to the street performance
market. So these springs are being produced on a contract basis and will not
carry their name.

Packaging, distribution and shipping are being handled by Isidro at
www.highperformanceonline.com Isidro is not making any money on this deal,
and is only charging a fee of $5.99 for each set. That minimal amount is
buying the shipping boxes, processing the orders, taking your calls on his
800 line, and doing all necessary paperwork. Isidro will be providing
special prices on AGX shocks, Koni bumpstops, and KYB Strut Mounts, and ES
bushings to go along with the springs.

The minimum order will be 25 sets, they will not produce the springs for
less than that. Pricing is as follows;

25 sets - $269.99 plus shipping
50 sets - $239.99 plus shipping
KYB AGX shocks for B13 chassis $269.99 including shipping
Koni Bumpstops approx. $15 each (4 required)
KYB Strut Mounts, KYB Strut Boots, ES Bushings, prices to follow.

Since this is a contract run, each person's money must be collected before
production begins. You can contact High Performance Online at
1-800-868-7174, and you will receive a receipt for your payment. High
Performance Online is a long time supporter of the SE-R community, and
Isidro is not only the owner, but he drives an SE-R himself. Once the money
has been collected, there will be a lead time of approximately ten to twelve
weeks.

THE DEAL CLOSES MARCH 29, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR MONEY IN BY THEN

Now is the time to step up fellas, many of us have been asking for this
exact spring for a long time. Since this is a one time deal, you do not want
to miss out. I will be posting this information to every SE-R related site I
know of, and would appreciate any help you all can offer in getting the word
out!

If you'd like to follow along on any potential discussions regarding this
spring, please follow this link directly to the SR20DE Forum.
http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14576

Or, you can contact me at christopher.scarpulla@ssmb.com with any questions.

Cheers,
Chris Scarpulla