Excessive drinking (was RE: convention)

Thomas Reynolds fthomasr@bellsouth.net
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:19:45 -0600

>What is the complete *DEFINITION* of what the SE-R National Convention is
>supposed to be?

Well, there is no written or stated definition but I wish the focus of the
convention would be more about people meeting people and discussing mods,
learning about how to drive on a track, and general SR20 related information
gathering, while having fun as well. More of a balance of everything and not
JUST PARTYING.

People including myself have spent a lot of hard earned money to come and
learn and experience face to face, hands on. I as well as others are not
fortunate to benefit from local geekouts, dynos, tracks because of our
geographic locations, so this is the one time I look forward to all year to
do just that. It seems that some attendees who DO experience these benefits
take this for granted. Some seem to be bothered just to ask them a question.
You can't force people to be friendly, but you can ask...

Don't get me wrong. For the most part I met a lot of *great* new people. I
also learned a lot. I will continue to attend the conventions. Next year I
hope to bring my car again (flew this year), and put it on the track.

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo
Albany, GA