Opinions on HS SR20DE Turbo kit

Tom Paule tapaule@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 00:34:20 -0600

I had the turbo kit on my car, and switched to a
bigger turbo just to see if a T3/4 would fit (it did,
btw).

Took it all off since I had overheating issues at the
track (Willow Springs for 6 laps on a very hot day,
car never saw less than 6000 rpm each lap), and the
turbo blew oil (Rob Cadle couldn't diagnose it even
after tearing down the turbo). The car is not a race
car and has the same motor and makes great power.
Gotta love the SR20.

The oil pressure "t" on the back has seen 70K miles on
my car with no problem. It's still on there in the
race car, and hasn't dripped a drop yet, so I'd say
it's fine.

Tom