wheres some conventions write ups!

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 01:17:10 -0600

Uh, I'm dead tired and gotta catch another plane in 4 hours but here's a real
breif write up.  Friday night, few of the guys ran, Aaron with the red turbo
classic with black wheels and Mike M. ran 13.3's at 105ish and Frank O. on
street tires ran ~14.1 at 104 or so if I remember correctly.

At the track event, the cars where hauling and a few cars left 2 nice long
black streaks on the track; I was in one of the cars when it happened but I
won't mention any names :)  All in all, was a lot of fun watching the cars
lapping (I didn't get the chance to drive, my friends rental started leaking
coolant before I got to drive).  Brown & Brown Nissan had some cars on display
and I got to drive a Spec V.  Lemme say, the strong point of that car is how it
handles!  I got to take it through a sweeper at about 60 mph and lifted the
throttle to see what happened.  It was nice to actually feel the rear of the
car rotate around!  And watching those things 3 wheelin it around the track was
great.  I certainly can't get my 200sx to rotate the rear as well.

Well, after the track event, everyone hit up the free drinks at the hotel
during happy hour.  Needless to say, by 7pm, there were quite a few people who
weren't feeling so well.  I'll let those come forward who wish too ;)  I think
this was worse than any college party I've been to with regard to the number of
sick people :)  Weren't we suppose to have a SERCA meeting or something that
night?  Mike K. is quite the hilarious guy and a great quote machine; if only
we'd had a video camera on him all night.  It ended up being quite a late
night, I didn't turn in until 1am.  A group of people went to Denny's sometime
after that.

Uh, Sunday, when the picnic was suppose to start around 9am and no one even
work up until then, we tried to piece together some of what happened the
previous night during our free breakfests at the hotel.  The picnic was great,
lots of great cars, great people, the convention was a good time!  Maybe I'll
bring my car next year.....

Khiem