Rod Bearing Questions

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:22:33 -0600

> I was just finishing up #2, when
> I noticed that I could move the rod side to side on the crank pin a bit

The rod is supposed to have play side to side. Check your FSM or Haynes-
there is a spec for side to side play in the rods. Get a feeler gauge that
size and check it and make sure it's correct.

I recommend reading through chapter 2B in the Haynes almost entirely for
someone that is going to rebuild an SR20. I've got a motor I'm working on
now that I felt uncomfortable with rebuilding, that is, UNTIL I sat down and
READ that chapter in the Haynes. Very detailed and very informative.

Ben Davis
SR20 rebuilding monkey