coolant leak from engine

David P. yuniverse@hotmail.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 20:40:46 -0600

Hello, I've got myself a problem here.  I've got coolant leaking from the
side of the engine where the belts are I think.  The coolant collects around
the oil pan and drips down.  I put some radiator, block stop leak stuff on
it and it seemed to have halted most of the leaking.

I was wondering what is the cause of the leak?  The waterpump has been
replaced a month ago.  The mechanic says it's not the waterpump (although he
may be saying that to cover his ass) It only seemed to start leaking after a
long trip.  The leak stops after I let the car sit for a while.

Anybody familiar with this?  Mechanic thinks it's the timing chain cover
thingy being worn out by the timing chain.