Nissan unveils Murano...

Eddie Aftandilian aftandilian@hotmail.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 08:49:45 -0600

> It reminds me of the mistake Chevrolet made when they sold the Nova in
> Mexico. No Va (translation: no go, doesn't go). Needless to say, the
public
> didn't race in to buy those until they changed the name.

This is an urban legend, according to
http://www.snopes2.com/business/misxlate/nova.htm

"The one bit of supporting evidence offered to back up this legend is
spurious as well. General Motors, we're told, finally wised up and changed
the model name of their automobile from Nova to Caribe, after which sales of
the car 'took off.' One small problem with this claim: the Caribe sold in
Mexico was manufactured by Volkswagen, not General Motors. The Nova's name
was never changed."

Also, the Murano will come with the ubiquitous 3.5L VQ V6.  There's a
preview on FreshAlloy.com.