Engine Control Fuse - HELP!!

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:47:13 -0600

> they found it was the "ECCS fuse" it's in the box next to the battery,
> third one down on the right, a 7.5 amp fuse labeled engine control.  Car
> was OK for the rest of the week.
> Well, today I have had to replace the fuse three times so far.

Betcha $50 you have a POP charger or other intake mod that moved you MAF
connector an inch or so away from your master cylinder lines. I had the
exact same thing happen to me when I installed my POP charger and it was due
to the intake moving around and banging the backside of that connector into
the master cylinder, eventually wearing through wires and causing a short to
the MC and blowing the good old 7.5A fuse. Started at the drag strip for me.
:) Looked REAL good launching and just having the car die and not start,
pushing it back off the track, etc. :)

Ben Davis
experienced monkey