DET purchase and install questions?

Bruce Jackson bjackson@pobox.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 22:20:22 -0600

I have the opportunity to purchase either a regular Bluebird DET or a
GTi-R DET for the same price.  Here are my questions:

Has anyone installed a DET without changing any of the electronics on
the engine or ECU?  I am guessing that this should run like it was
installed from the factory.  The only issue that I can see is that the
speed limiter from the DET ECU will still be there.

When I want to change the ECU for a JWT ECU, I assume that I will have
to change over the electronics/sensors for the regular DE ones.  Is this
correct?

Which engine should I be looking to purchase?  The horsepower difference
is not that important as the availability of parts.  I live in Canada
and importing parts across the border is pricey because of the exchange
rate:(

Can I purchase the GTi-R bearings from a regular Nissan Dealer?  Are
they the same as the DE and DET bearings?

Does SR20Development make a kit to relocate the intercooler to the
front?

Does SR20Development make a downpipe for the GTi-R?

Are there any other issues that I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Bruce Jackson
92 NX2k soon to be boosting :)