HELP, NEED OPNIONS AND ADVICE

Matthew Ostlund panx2000@hotmail.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:37:21 -0600

I have under 4 grand in my 91 Classic.  Its almost as fast as Ray's car
unless he goes above 11lbs.  I bought a BB engine and JWT ECU for $1950 from
a guy in Ohio (Mike Thompson) who had it in his classic for about 5k miles.
It came with an extra crossmember, downpipe, some misc pipes and couplings,
DET ECU, extra PS pump, extra starter, and some other misc parts.  I spent
$1000 for the car in good condition except for the paint ans rod knock.  I
spent $195 for the typeS bov and flange.  I spent $325 for the Fidanza
flywheel, I spent $200 for a modified Starion IC, I spent $250 for the UR 4
pulley set.  I spent $340 on an ACT Xtreme clutch setup.  I spent $75-100
for the IC pipes and welding, and I spent $50 for a used POP, 95 for the
Moroso battery box, 25$ for wire, and 40 for a circuit breaker.   My total
on the car is about $4570.

But, I sold the DET ECU for 150 (-$150), The Xtreme pp was bad so I'm still
using the 103k mile stock pp with the ACT supplied Exedy disc (-$210), and I
sold the rod knock motor for 150 (-$150), that brings me down to $4060.  One
could do without the UR pulleys (-$250) and light Flywheel (-$325) and the
cost is down to $3485.

I expect the car to pull high 13s pretty easily at 8psi (I think Mike
tweaked the wastegate actuator) and only cost me about $4000.  I think thats
a decent deal.

Matt Ostlund,
Pittsburgh, PA

So lets see here,