HELP, NEED OPNIONS AND ADVICE

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:30:30 -0600

Ben Davis wrote:

> AFAIK, we Nissan folk are about the only cars out there that have these plug
> and play ECUs available from JWT. What do all the other non-Nissan car
> owners do? FPRs, AFCs, TECIIs, fuel computers, etc. etc. Whenever someone on
> this list speaks of doing what all the other makes of cars use, it somehow
> will blow up our SE-Rs. Why is that?

If you know what you are doing it can be done.  Of course its
going to take a lot of tuning.  Most of the crap on the market
can make your car faster and it can blow it up real easy too.  Alot
of the people that I know that have turboed other vehicles or
supercharged them for that matter have a lot of problems getting
the car to run right.

Using the JWT ECU is like doing all the work for you.  You
don't really have to tune much of anything.  You don't know how
many people, SE-R folk especially, that where like you just bolted
it on and started it up?  Yup just bolted it on started it up and
it runs like a charm.

Go ahead try using the other stuff but make sure you know what
you're doing before you blow up your car.  The thing is like I
said in the last email.  It's what seperates us from the other
car groups.  We like to do things right not half-ass.  We also
don't like to tell you to do something thats going to blow up
your car.  You think you feel bad when you blow up your car?
The person that told you to do something that blew it up feels
much worse.

RK