here we go again...my stalling problem (long)

Enoch Chow exc8636@njit.edu
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:27:21 -0600

ok, it seems like it happens when it is wet outside, or when it rains a lot,
which it just did in NJ.  and the last time i went through this, it was
raining that day as well.  i was pulling to my g/f's house, and it started
stumbling a little while driving at a constant speed.  but it wasn't
horrible.  i slowed to make a right, and it stalls in front of her house.
so i leave it there for the nite.

next morning, i come back to see what i can do.  i clean up the PRI cai, TB,
iacv-aac valve, and reset computer.  fire her up, and sounds perfectly fine.
so i drive home, when i hit the parkway, it stumbles again, moreso than last
nite.  all the way home on the parkway, it stumbles, moreso on acceleration,
and inconsistent stumbling while driving at a constant speed.  i finally get
home, stop in the driveway, and stalls.

after church, i decide to see what i can figure out.  i try to pull the ecu
code, and i get 0505 - normal operation!!!  what the heck! this is nowhere
near normal operation.  the stumbling is just horrible.  so i try to check
for continuity in some things, like the power steering, iacv-aac valve.  i
check the plugs, and they have a black coating on it, but otherwise is ok.
actually, i only checked cylinder 1.  then i tried upping the idle a little.
so i decide to why not try it out.  fire her up again, and completely fine,
even when upping the idle.  i take her out for a roll around the block after
about idling the car for mayb 3 minutes.  came back and let it idle for
another 3 minutes mayb, and nothing as to a hint of a problem.

i'm getting pretty pissed with the engine, and don't know what else to do.
if i bring it to nissan, will the consult get a normal operation too? since
that's what i got?  i think i will change the fuel filter again, since my
gas mileage has become a lot lower lately than it shold be.  and this time,
i'm going to use a genuine nissan part!

if anyone has suggestions as to what else i can check, please tell me.  i'm
going to check the fuel pump as well.  i wanted to check the injectors, but
i can't get the harness off of it.  how do i release the harness?

if anyone can help, please!!! i'd appreciate it so much.

Enoch Chow
http://www.2by2.net/oewoko
http://ewok.nissanpower.com