93.5 G20 Alignment can't align vertically

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 07:22:35 -0600

David P. wrote:

>I brought my car into the shop for a 4wheel alignment.  They couldn't
>align my front left tire.  They wanted to install an aftermarket camber
>kit (the ones I'm guessing those people use when they drop the car).

That's interesting.  They only one I'm aware of for the G20 is from New
Zealand.  I'm guessing they don't actually have a camber kit available and
plan on using crash bolts which you cannot use on the G20 (at least in
front).  If they actually do have a camber kit, I'd love to know about it.

>What part should I be looking at?  Looking at the wheel straight on, with
>the 4 lugs facing you, the South of the wheel is pushed outward further
>towards me than the North of the wheel.

Could be any part of the suspension.  But, I've become quite familiar with
this since my wife clouted a curb and I ran over a folk lift fork on the
freeway at 65-70 mph. =8^O  Both times we changed the link between the
control arms.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>