Tint removal

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:34:50 -0600

OK, first of all, I have read the archives. :-)

My Porsche 944 has tinted windows and that is not allowed (as far as I can
tell) in SCCA club racing.  Even if it is, the tint is bubbling and looks
like horse pucky.  Anyway, I tried removing it today and it's a royal
PITA.  I doesn't want to scrape off.  I tried soaking it with Goof Off and
lacquer thinner and neither did a thing, even after making slices with a
razor knife.

The only two things I haven't tried yet is ammonia (as recommended in the
archives) and some acetone.

I'm writing to this list because I know there are folks who have worked in
this business and I'm guessing the tinting industry must have some sort of
solvent for removing tint.  Is there?

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>