Shaving Heads

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:36:55 -0600

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 21:24, Jon Pennington wrote:

> but is that a production clearance?  Do the roller engines have
> different pistons?  Do our cams lift any more than non-roller cams?

A few refinements on my previous dumbass question; could I find out what
the valve-to-piston clearance is by reading through the FSM that I don't
own yet?  How much would adding S3 cams change this?  Would I *have* to
have a modified ECU to operate this engine, or can the B15 ECU learn
enough to compensate for it?

Auxilliary question; could I take the head from a non-roller engine,
have it machined, and expect my roller cams to work and my intake and
exhaust to bolt onto it and have a running engine when it was all done?

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |